Denise Lacey – the 2019 recipient of the Marriage and Relationship Educators Association of Australia (MAREAA) award for excellence
Congratulations Denise Lacey on being the 2019 recipient of the Marriage and Relationship Educators Association of Australia (MAREAA) award for excellence.
The award recognises outstanding or exceptional service or contribution to marriage and relationship education.
It seeks to recognise those who meet two or more of the following criteria:
- Demonstrated excellent, consistent and innovative service to the field;
- Provided continuous outstanding service to the field;
- Implemented an outstanding or novel initiative;
- Made significant improvements to the content or process of relationship education;
- Shown a commitment to the ongoing development of the profession and;
- Shown dedication to the support and encouragement of others in the field.
Denise has been a guiding light and beacon of MAREAA since 1992 and has gathered and inspired the committee and driven depth of connection and conversation that has been crucial to MAREAAs success.
Quotes: “Denise has been a strong advocate for marriage education within government. She has been been involved in MRE for over twenty five years and has always had an infectious enthusiasm. Her dedication to the cause has been extraordinary”
“Denise should be recognised for her leadership and drive, mentoring and support. She has amazing energy and passion”
“Denise has been dedicated to the betterment of the field (of MRE) and been an active committee member of MAREAA and the former CSME for many years. Her leadership and drive and support of others has been nothing short of amazing.”
Congratulations to the deserved winner of the MAREAA Award for Excellence: Denise Lacey.
Director, PREPARE/ENRICH Australia
President, Marriage and Relationship Educators Association of Australia Inc.