- This event has passed.
PREPARE/ENRICH Parenting Version Training
July 25 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
The Parenting Version of PREPARE/ENRICH is designed to guide couples through the emotions of parenting by empowering them with insight into their parenting style, family dynamics, and couple relationship. The Parenting Version is best used with any committed couple whose primary concerns are children and parenting issues.
“PREPARE/ENRICH Parenting puts you at the intersection of marital and parental dynamics and equips you to offer help, hope, and healing.”- Ron L. Deal, LMFT, LPC, author of the bestselling book The Smart Stepfamily and coauthor with David Olson of The Remarriage Checkup
Goals of the Parenting Version
- Explore strengths and growth areas as partners and parents
- Strengthen communication with your partner and children
- Identify and manage parenting stress
- Discuss parenting styles and how you work together as a team
- Resolve couple and parenting issues
- Increase parenting confidence and satisfaction
Standard PREPARE/ENRICH couple scales adapted for the Parenting Version:
- Parenting Stress Profile
- Co-Parenting or Step Parenting
- Family Spiritual Beliefs (optional scale)
- Family Map
Scales that are unique to the Parenting Version:
- Five Parenting Styles – Global
- Five Parenting Styles – by Child
- Confidence in Parenting
- Child Behavior Issues Checklist
- Family Communication
- Family Satisfaction
- Relationship Satisfaction by Child
- Communication Satisfaction by Child
In addition to the parenting report content, new workbook exercises were designed to help couples better understand themselves, their partner, and their parenting. Some of these exercises include creating a wish list for parenting, establishing a balanced parenting style, and designing a weekly family meeting.
“It brings to light dimensions of parenting that couples aren’t always aware of, especially when distressed. Also, it is good that it addresses the complexities of stepfamilies. I especially like the ‘Parenting Styles’- very useful.”
- To get started with the Parenting Version of PREPARE/ENRICH, you will need to become PREPARE/ENRICH Certified by attending a Workshop.
- Once trained, Contact Us to activate the Parenting Version in your facilitator account.
- The cost to activate the Parenting Version is $40
Available for PREPARE/ENRICH facilitators only