International Women’s Day (March 8) is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity.
The International Women’s Day 2021 campaign theme is #ChooseToChallenge
At MAREAA we have a rich heritage of supporting couples in all their diversity, across the life span, considering the various differences couples face including roles and gender, helping couples strengthen and enrich their relationships.
As a facilitator, today we ask you to consider your #ChooseToChallenge and choose to challenge and call out gender bias and inequality. We can all choose to seek out and challenge bias and inequality by:
- Encouraging couples to talk and listening to each other’s opinions and feelings;
- Enabling conflict to play out without insult or abuse;
- Questioning assumptions about women with couples;
- Challenging statements that limit women;
- Ensuring the use of inclusive language; and
- Calling out controlling or manipulative behaviours.
Individually, we’re one drop but together we’re an ocean. Commit to a “gender parity mindset” via progressive action. Let’s all collaborate to accelerate gender parity, so our collective action powers equality worldwide.
For more help, referrals, and information on abuse, please visit or refer the following:
1800RESPECT: 1800 737 732
24 hour national sexual assault, family and domestic violence counselling line for any Australian who has experienced, or is at risk of, family and domestic violence and/or sexual assault.